 |
| Look who we caught! |
 |
| And another!! |
|
 |
| We processed 5 dozen very yummy ears of sweet corn in August |
|
|
 |
| Is it wrong to let your baby eat corn kernels off the floor? |
|
So after a long summer of a fairly neglected (by humans) and decimated (by groundhogs) garden, I am happy to say that the season is coming to a close here. We still have plenty of tomatoes and basil. Those two things seem to do well with no one giving an ounce of attention to them. I've made plenty of pesto and marinara over the past weekend.
Working full time and having three children pushed me to the edge this summer. I happily admit defeat this year. I still put up a lot of canned goods despite not doing much of anything in that back yard. This was also the first time in three years that my husband was not laid off for the summer, which meant I didn't have that Other Adult around to help me tend things. It really makes a difference, that's for sure. Or at least when there's a quick and danger-prone baby scaling the lot. ;)
But did you see the groundhogs?! I lured them in with apples from my neighbor's yard (thanks, neighbor!). We released them waaaaay down the road at a wetland preserve. One of them pooped in the car and it smelled awful-- totally got my sinuses riled up. G commented: "Well at least we know
that smell was courtesy of an all-organic diet." Funny guy.
1 comment:
wow I have never seen a ground hog before! I would have been scared. I live in Minneapolis and we don't have them here that I know of....
My blog:
http://theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com
Post a Comment