Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Urban Homesteader Stimulates the Economy





There used to be a time in my life when I would spend a lot of time buying new books and music, going to shows 3-4 times a week, and saving money for very cool shoes. The last 6 months I have been researching much more interesting things.

Namely, food dehydrators and reel mowers.
Ladies and gentleman, I bring you the Excalibur Food Dehydrator and the Scotts 20" Reel Mower. I am now the proud owner of both.

Let the good times roll.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny what gets me excited these days as well! My Mum can't believe it, she never thought she would see the day that I got so excited about zucchini plants! Great stuff! :)

Kate said...

today i bought an old skool mr. coffee dehydrator from a garage sale for $5!

Mid-life Midwife said...

Mo, please let me know when you get some amazing new something-or-other too! Love reading about your desert gardening!

ReticMama,
Sa-weet score on the Mr. Coffee dehydrator! The Excalibur came with a booklet of recipes/drying times for certain things. We'll need to sit on the deck and look through it together.There is stuff in there I would've never thought of drying!