So last week, baby M and I put some new potential in the ground. Namely, more spinach, broccoli, stattice, and various potatoes. This year I didn't buy seed potatoes. Instead, I planted last year's left overs from the root cellar. We did this last year- sort of. Actually, the potatoes that were left over were put into the compost pile in the spring and later gifted us with a ton of nice potatoes. And last year, we bought and planted seed potatoes from the seed company for the "real" garden. So I'm trying something new to see how last year's potatoes treat us. I was too lazy to sort the potatoes though. If and when the plants do grow, I'll have no idea what kind of potato it is. I've got three long rows of a mix of russets, rose apple finn fingerlings and norland reds.
It has felt good to be outside again. My face actually felt a little sunburned last Thursday after working in the yard and my body was a wee bit sore. Happily so.
In other news, our bedroom is coming together. At the end of January, our bedroom ceiling crashed down due to a water leak in the upstairs bathroom. It literally rained (from the upstairs plumbing) multiple times all over our bed and floor. We've spent several months sleeping in every room but our bedroom, tearing out rotted wood and replacing drywall. Our flooring was also ruined, so all of that came up as well. So far, the ceiling and walls have all been repaired/replaced and now painted. A new laminate floor is nearly finished and a proper bed is back in place. Oh, and the upstairs bathtub and all plumbing has also been replaced. Last night felt like a small victory in that we were finally able to move my dresser out of the dining room where it has resided for a few months now. So no more getting out of the shower to fetch underwear in the dining room. You know, sometimes these little things make for a better day.
Another good thing: one of the non-laying chickens is laying again. Seriously, either someone is laying two eggs a day, or the Wyandotte has come back from her 7 months no-egg hiatus. Glad to have you back, honey. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment